Effective today, March 18, 2020, all Hope City Church campuses will be closed for Sunday worship, all in-person meetings and rehearsals until further notice.
During this time all ongoing updates regarding Hope City Church and COVID-19, can be found here. We are committed to the safety and health of our staff and church members, while ensuring that you all stay connected to Christ, our community and our church.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Please visit the New York State Department of Health, New York City Health Department and the Office of the Brooklyn Borough President websites for further instructions on how to stay safe during this time.
Both our East New York and Spring Creek campuses will be closed for worship until further notice. We will continue Sunday worship at our regularly scheduled time through our live stream.
Here are three ways you can give:
- Mail: Make checks payable to Hope City Church or HCC and mail it to P.O. Box 131 Brooklyn, NY 11207
- Online: Through our new giving portal
- Phone: Text HCC to the number 28950
If you’re unsure of how to navigate our online giving portal, training is available with our Systems team. Please text GIVING to (718) 571-8081 to sign up for a training.
We are still maintaining our weekly corporate fast every Wednesday where we turn down our plates to connect with God — consuming only liquids throughout the day and eating only one meal after 5pm.
To stay connected with each other during these times of social distancing, we will be hosting a 10-minute corporate prayer twice every Wednesday at 12pm and at 5pm through Facebook live with Pastor Stevenson. If you do not have access to Facebook, you can join our corporate prayer by dialing (646) 558-8656, enter the meeting ID: 892 554 779 and then enter “#” for the participant ID.
Please look out for further details regarding new and extended groups for our H.O.P.E. Groups Winter Term. Our new groups will focus on minimizing fear, anxiety, stress and more.
All in-person events and meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
If you’d like to stay informed of all new Hope City updates with COVID-19 through text messages, please text CONNECT to (718) 571-8081. Also, please text all questions or concerns to (718) 571-8081 in regards to online giving, issues with your online profile, accessing our live stream or signing up for H.O.P.E. Groups.
- The Department of Education is lending iPads to DOE and non-DOE students with disabilities. If your child(ren) are in need of iPads for remote learning, go here to submit device request. Please contact the DOE Service Desk at (718) 935-5100, choose preferred language and then press ‘5’ for any questions or concerns regarding remote learning devices.
- Cypress Hills and East New York Emergency Services Resource Guide
- Scholastic is offering free online resources as schools are closing
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God in Him will I trust.” (Psalms 91:1-2)
While we are taking cautionary measures, we are putting our full trust and faith in God.